|Colour||Anthracite Grey Metallic|
A wonderfully elegant 1983 Mercedes Benz 380 SE with just two private owners and only 66686 miles from new. Complete with a full service history, this lovely example is not to be missed.
Finished in Anthracite Grey metallic, the panel gap and paint finish is just lovely. This low mileage example really does defy its thirty three years and has evidently been garaged and cherished throughout its life. Only a few very small stone chips and a couple of very minor, finger nail size car park dinks are visible upon close inspection. The Anthracite paintwork retains a deep and uniform shine and all factory fitted panels still remain. All bright-work is excellent along with the factory fitted glass...all rubbers are still supple and crack free. Supplying dealer number plates both front and rear are still fitted. The car presents very well underneath and is very clean and corrosion free.
The Grey cloth interior really is superb. Any wear received over the last thirty three years is barely visible and the seats and cloth still retain their correct shape and are free from sagging. The light grey carpet is completely damage and stain free...having benefitted from the fitment of original carpet mats in addition to original rubber mats placed over the top. All door cards are free from damage and scrapes and the headlining is superb. The dashboard is crack free and the original and working Blaupunkt radio is still in place along with the fully operational electric aerial. All dials and switchgear are clear and fully functional. The rear parcel shelf still houses the original and un-opened first aid kit. The boot carpet and surrounding plastics are excellent and are evidence that this car has never been subjected to any heavy use. The original factory supplied warning triangle is still housed in the boot lid.
The correct fitment of Michellin tyres are still worn by all wheels, including the un-used spare wheel. All still retain a good amount of tread and the correct Mercedes Benz wheel trims are un-marked.
Out on the road, again this beautiful and well cared for example defies its age. Still retaining that "magic carpet" ride, this car is as luxurious today as it would have been back in 1983. Having had just two private owners since new, regular maintenance and a dry environment have ensured keeping this car in its lovely, present state. The original and stamped service book contains the following;
- 14th February 1984, service at 871 miles, Huddersfield garages Mercedes Benz
- 26th September 1984, service at 6718 miles, Huddersfield garages, Mercedes Benz
- 5th September 1985, service at 12178 miles, Huddersfield garages, Mercedes Benz
- 23rd October 1986, service at 17779 miles, Huddersfield garages, Mercedes Benz
- 8th April 1988, service at 25052 miles, Huddersfield garages, Mercedes Benz
- 4th May 1989, service at 30522 miles, Huddersfield garages, Mercedes Benz
- 16th October 1990, service at 36647 miles, Huddersfield garages, Mercedes Benz
- 29th April 1992, service at 42823 miles, Huddersfield garages, Mercedes Benz
- 27th April 1993, service at 48070 miles, Huddersfield garages, Mercedes Benz
- 12th June 1995, service at 54104 miles, Huddersfield garages, Mercedes Benz
- 21st January 1997, service at 57008 miles, Huddersfield garages, Mercedes Benz
- 25th February 1998, service at 59641 miles, Huddersfield garages, Mercedes Benz
- 9th March 2015, service at 65417 miles, DW Leisure, Mercedes Benz specialist
Having been stored correctly for seventeen years with the occasional MOT in-between, the car was mechanically re-commissioned in March of 2015 as shown above.
First registered on 1st December 1983 by Huddersfield garages Mercedes Benz, this truly lovely and original example is complete with the original handbook pack including the original, stamped service book, Current V5 registration document, a current MOT until June 2017 and two keys...the car is ready to go.