Cortina MKV 1.6 Crusader
A lovely and useable 1982 Ford Cortina MKV 1.6 Crusader with just 52,936 miles from new. Just 5,602 miles have been covered in he last 28 years and for the last 8 years it has only ever been used to attend classic car shows throughout the summer months.
Still wearing all of its factory fitted panels, the panel gap still remains nice and true. The Atlantic Blue paintwork retains a deep shine across all panels. A few small imperfections do not detract from the excellent, overall appearance. Factory fitted tinted glass is in very good condition and all window rubbers and weather strips remain supple. All bright work is in good order and only slight pitting to the rear bumper can be seen upon close inspection. The red and silver 'Crusader' pinstriping is fully intact. Period Hella spot lights are fitted up front and in perfect working order. All door shuts are nice and clean and wheel arches, boot floor, inner wings, sills, floor-pans etc are rust free. This is a lovely looking "end of the line" Ford Cortina.
Internally is excellent. The 'Durham' and 'Crushed Velour' fabric seats are in great order and the foam is exactly as should be. The 'deep pile' carpet is clean and free from damage or stains. All door cards are excellent and the dashboard is un-cracked. The centre console still houses the original P21 push button radio and the cigarette lighter is un-used. The head lining is lovely and clean and is still nice and tight. 'Crusader' carpet mats are fitted front and rear.
The correct sports road wheels with rim embelishers are in superb condition and all tyres have large amounts of tread remaining.
Out on the road the car drives lovely. It starts first time on the manual choke and is extremely smooth and quiet. The engine bay presents very well and the following mechanical works have been carried out over the last couple of years.
- Engine removed and engine bay repainted
- New clutch fitted
- Unleaded fuel conversion including new valves
- New lift pump and water pump
- Cambelt service
- New oil spray bar fitted
- New webber carb
- New discs and pads at the front
- New shoes at the rear
- Electronic ignition
28 mot certificates are provided and verify the low mileage summer use. These are listed below;
- October 24th 1990 at 47,334 miles
- October 23rd 1991 at 47,421 miles
- October 13th 1992 at 47,441 miles
- October 19th 1993 at 47,509 miles
- October 13th 1994 at 47,725 miles
- October 24th 1995 at 47,753 miles
- November 7th 1996 at 47,772 miles
- November 5th 1997 at 47,808 miles
- November 3rd 1998 at 47,851 miles
- November 3rd 1999 at 48,018 miles
- November 18th 2000 at 48,159 miles
- November 18th 2001 at 48,182 miles
- November 7th 2002 at 48,197 miles
- November 11th 2003 at 48,215 miles
- November 9th 2004 at 48,232 miles
- November 9th 2005 at 48,247 miles
- November 1st 2006 at 48,279 miles
- October 11th 2007 at 48,423 miles
- June 8th 2009 at 48,502 miles
- July 12th 2010 at 48,574 miles
- July 6th 2011 at 48,915 miles
- July 4th 2012 at 49,517 miles
- July 8th 2013 at 50208 miles
- July 9th 2014 at 50,746 miles
- July 6th 2015 at 51,339 miles
- July 15th 2016 at 51,775 miles
- September 1st 2017 at 52,385 miles
- August 21st 2018 at 52,741 miles
We feel that the above just demonstrates how much this lovely old Ford has been loved and cherished throughout its life. Ready to be used and enjoyed.