A truly remarkable 1983 Talbot Samba LS which has had just 1 previous owner and covered only 16,762 miles since new. Finished in Jonquil with Havana cloth, this stunning little car is as close to new as you are likely to find. Complete with the original order form, original bill of sale and every old mot certificate and tax disc unless stored, this quirky French hatch just oozes 80s charm and simplicity.
Supplied new on 1st February 1983 by McKinnon Of Wallington, main dealers for Talbot, Peugeot and Colt, supplying dealer number plates front and rear still remain along with the dealer rear window sticker. The Jonquil paintwork is exceptional across all the original and factory fitted panels and is free from scratches, scrapes or dents and the body decals are vibrant. A couple of very minor scuffs to the bumper do not detract from the exceptional condition. Cavity wax oiled and professionally treated with Dinitrol underseal protection, the car remains in a completely and remarkably rust free condition. All original glass, lights, indicators and rubbers are in excellent condition.
The Havana cloth is just lovely and the seats front and rear are free from wear or damage. All the foam and stitching presents like it would have done some 36 years ago. The door cards are un-damaged and not scuffed and the carpet is exceptionally clean and wear free. Genuine Talbot carpet mats are fitted front and rear. All switch gear and dials are fully functional and in excellent order. The simplicity and condition of the interior is totally charming.
The original 3 stud steel wheels have been professionally powder coated and present in a as new condition. Matching Firestone tyres are fitted and still have a great amount of tread remaining.
The car runs and drives perfectly. The steering feels nice and lite and the gear change is smooth and precise and it still keeps with modern traffic effortlessly. A service will be carried out upon sale and a full 12 months mot will be provided. The mot history is detailed below;
- 17th February 1986 @ 4,192 miles
- 17th February 1987 @ 5,425 miles
- 16th February 1988 @ 6,554 miles
- 24th February 1989 @ 7,715 miles
- 2nd March 1990 @ 8,557 miles
- 6th March 1991 @ 9,334 miles
- 5th March 1992 @ 10,135 miles
- 5th March 1993 @ 10,786 miles
- 4th March 1994 @ 11,443 mile
- 6th March 1995 @ 12,089 miles
- 6th March 1996 @ 12,640 miles
- 7th March 1997 @ 13,192 miles
- 11th March 1998 @ 13,671 miles
- 9th March 1999 @ 14,044 miles
- 10th March 2000 @ 14,1452 miles
- 8th March 2001 @ 14,847 miles
- 11th March 2002 @ 15,201 miles
- 14th March 2003 @ 15,488 miles
- 19th March 2004 @ 15,701 miles
- 23rd March 2005 @ 15,929 miles
- 28th March 2006 @16,120 miles
The car was then stored away in the family garage until it was purchased in 2012 by its new owner to form part of a very impressive private collection.
- 25th June 2012 @ 16226 miles
- 1st April 2015 @ 16497 miles
The mileage now is just 16,762 miles and a new mot will be provided upon sale.
As you will see from the above and the condition, this is far from your usual and run of the mill Talbot Samba. It is regarded as one of, if not the very best example that is known to exist. Complete with a full original hand book pack, two sets of original keys, original V5 and current V5, original order form and bill of sale and all old mot certificates and tax discs. This really is a true one off and will not be replicated easily.