|Colour||Iris Blue Metallic|
A lovely 1994 air-cooled Porsche 993 Carrera 2 six speed manual which has benefitted from long term ownership and is complete with a very extensive and documented service history file. Having covered just 87,789 miles, the original service book contains no fewer than 21 service stamps and every receipt and invoice is available for the last 15 years! The current owner of 15 years is the proprietor of a very well respected and trusted Land Rover specialist and no expense has been spared to maintain this lovely car.
The 993 was the last incarnation of the air-cooled 911's and are seen by enthusiasts as the last "true Porsche". The Carrera 2 with a manual 6 speed gearbox is recognised as being one of the best configurations to drive. The 3.6 litre flat six engine is perfect and having the official Porsche exhaust sound enhancement package fitted as an accessory, the soundtrack is just sublime! On tick over it sounds amazing...on the road it sounds even better.
This official UK example was first registered on the 1st August 1994 by official Porsche dealers, Parker and Parker LTD of Kendal, Cumbria. Finished in Iris Blue Metallic with Marble Grey Leather and benefitting from the official Porsche accessory 18" Turbo alloys, it really does look superb. Clear front indicator lenses, Carrera S nose cone and red rear indicator lights enhance the look.
The Iris Blue Metallic paintwork presents in a lovely condition and a few, small and age related stone-chips do not detract from the stunning appearance. All window rubbers and weather strips are excellent. A couple of age related vein marks can be seen upon very close inspection of the black door/window frame surrounds. Head lights and rear lights are nice and clear and all glass and windscreen are damage free. The car is free from dinks, scuffs and scratches. It looks superb!
The interior is just lovely. No big Sat Nav screens and no gimmicks...just basic and exactly as a 911 should be! The Marble Grey part electric leather seats are in excellent order. All bolsters are perfectly shaped and the perforated leather is scuff free. The deep pile grey carpets are excellent, clean and free from damage. Original Porsche deep pile over mats have been fitted since new. Door cards are very clean and scuff free and the head lining is clean and tight. All dials, switch gear and electrics are in excellent working order and a fully working "period" CD player and Sigma alarm complete the 90s theme.
The official Porsche accessory 18" Turbo alloys have been professionally refurbished and unmarked. They are all shod with matching Falken tyres with loads of tread remaining.
The engine bay presents in a lovely and original state. We feel that it is of major importance with these cars to leave it exactly as is. No jet washing...no steam cleaning and no shiny silicone. That way, a potential new owner can see just how dry it is and most importantly...leak free! These cars are only ever leak free if they have been maintained to the highest of standards and this one has...it is presented for all to see. Listed below are the main entries in the service book...a host of invoices are additional:
- 01/08/1994, Pre-Delivery inspection by Parker and Parker LTD, Cumbria
- 27/07/1995, service at 7,987 miles by Parker and Parker LTD, Cumbria
- 10/09/1996, service at 15,522 miles by Parker and Parker LTD, Cumbria
- 07/07/1997, service at 24,672 miles by Parker and Parker LTD, Cumbria
- 09/07/1998, service at 35,544 miles by Parker and Parker LTD, Cumbria
- 31/03/1999, service at 40,085 miles by Parker and Parker LTD, Cumbria
- 05/05/2000, service at 44,840 miles by Parker and Parker LTD, Cumbria
- 05/05/2001, service at 48,232 miles by JCT 600, Leeds
- 26/06/2002, service at 49,884 miles by JCT 600, Leeds
- 19/02/2004, service at 56,200 miles by Porsche Centre, Newcastle
- 15/06/2005, service at 60,205 miles by Shippersgate Motor Co LTD Tyne & Wear
- 07/06/2006, service at 68,000 miles by Land Rover Specialist
- 10/07/2007, service at 73,460 miles by Land Rover Specialist
- 15/06/2008, service at 75,001 miles by Land Rover Specialist
- 06/05/2009, service at 78,124 miles by Land Rover Specialist
- 17/05/2010, service at 79,630 miles by Land Rover Specialist
- 15/12/2011, service at 79,858 miles including clutch, brake discs, pads etc by Land Rover Specialist
- 01/03/2012, service at 81,110 miles by Land Rover Specialist
- 31/05/2013, service at 82,900 miles by Land Rover Specialist
- 23/10/2015, service at 84,238 miles by Land Rover Specialist
- 24/01/2017, service at 86,298 miles by Land Rover Specialist
- 06/06/2018, service at 87,426 miles by Land Rover Specialist
A fully stamped service book containing 21 stamps. A file of invoices measuring approximately one and half inches thick and a host of old mot certificates verify the mileage and meticulous upkeep for the last 15 years and beyond. A recent new clutch including the push rods has been fitted and a full service has recently been carried out. Mechanically, this car wants for nothing...it has been treated like a child and as such, it drives superbly! It is arrow straight under acceleration and braking and the gear box is a delight.
Complete with the full leather handbook pack, current V5 registration document, current mot and old mot certificates, fully stamped service book, a host of invoices and receipts and 1 original Porsche key.