200 216 Coupe Tomcat
This 1995 Rover 200 'Tomcat' 216 Coupe has covered just 43,316 miles since new and has been cherished and loved by its two, private and long term owners. It presents in a beautiful, exceptional condition throughout. A full service history consisting of 21 services and a remarkably clean mot history are testament to how well this little car has been looked after from day one.
The Platinum Silver paintwork is virtually unmarked and in a beautiful and superb condition across all of the factory fitted body panels. Head lamps, indicators and rear lamp clusters are crystal clear. The tinted removeable glass T-Bar roof panels and all tinted glass is in excellent condition and is free from any chips, scratches or water marks. The front grille bright work and all badges are in super order and the black bumper inserts and lower bumper plastics are free from damage or scuffs. All door shuts and boot floor are ultra clean. The spare wheel is still fitted with the original and unused Dunlop SP Sport tyre and the jack and wheel brace sit in the correct polystyrene container....which has still got its sealed and unopened factory wrapping! A superb exterior that will not disappoint...
Internally, this example is just remarkable. The Sandstone Beige/Black piped full leather seats are as close to new as you are likely to find. The seats really do defy the 43,316 miles that this car has covered. Bolsters are perfect and the leather is just stunning. The rear seats have very likely never been used. The pristine black carpet has been protected with Rover carpet mats since new. The black head lining is perfect. All plastics, trims, dashboard and switchgear are in lovely condition and just one tiny mark on the drivers door card armrest is all that can be found on close inspection. The original radio cassette is fully functional and the security code is contained within the history file. The boot carpet is lovely and clean and the whole boot area seems to have had very little/light use. Just beautiful...
The correct 15" 7 spoke alloy wheels have never been refurbished and they are excellent. Just the odd little mark has been carefully touched in by the previous owner...they do look superb! Matching Firestone 185/55/15 tyres are fitted all round and have massive amounts of tread remaining. The spare wheel and tools are unused since new!
This car uses the 1.6 16v Honda engine and mechanically the car is perfect and it drives even better than it looks. It really does drive amazingly well. Meticulously maintained and enthusiast owned, no fewer than 21 services have been carried out and documented within the service book/history file. They are as follows:
- 22/08/1995....PDI by RH Collier & CO Ltd, Birmingham
- 16/01/1996....Service at 6,419 miles by RH Collier & CO Ltd, Birmingham
- 25/06/1997....Service at 12,110 miles by Streamline Garages, Morecambe
- 11/08/1998....Service at 15,962 miles by Arnside Garages, Cumbria
- 02/08/1999....Service at 19,085 miles by Arnside Garages, Cumbria
- 09/08/2000....Service at 21,843 miles by Arnside Garages, Cumbria
- 08/08/2001....Service including cam belt at 24,432 miles by Arnside Garages, Cumbria
- 29/07/2002....Service at 27,568 miles by Arnside Garages, Cumbria
- 23/07/2003....Service at 30,821 miles by Arnside Garages, Cumbria
- 28/07/2004....Service at 33,200 miles by Arnside Garages, Cumbria
- 19/07/2005....Service at 34,646 miles by Arnside Garages, Cumbria
- 02/08/2006....Service at 36,384 miles by Arnside Garages, Cumbria
- 01/08/2007....Service at 37,770 miles by Arnside Garages, Cumbria
- 11/08/2008....Service at 38,021 miles by Arnside Garages, Cumbria
- 21/07/2009....Service at 38,360 miles by Arnside Garages, Cumbria
- 21/07/2010....Service at 38,731 miles at Arnside Garages, Cumbria
- 03/08/2001....Service at 39,003 miles at Arnside Garages, Cumbria
- 15/08/2012....Service at 39,008 miles by Arnside Garages, Cumbria
In 2012 and having owned the car since it was just 10 months old, the difficult decision was taken by Mrs Richardson to retire from driving and the car was then stored correctly and placed on SORN. The relevant paperwork confirms this and is contained within the history file.
In 2015, Rover enthusiast Mr Nick Price saw the car advertised at Specialist Cars of Kendal...just a few miles from where the car had lived for over 19 years. When Nick arrived to view the car, he was a bit surprised to find it on display within the showroom...sat alongside the likes of Porsche, Bentley, Mercedes Benz etc. That just shows how nice this little car really is! Within 5 minutes, the decision was made and the car has been Nicks pride and joy for the last 5 years. Within this time, the following services have been carried out;
- 14/03/2015....Service including cam belt at 39,879 miles by Horners Auto Repair Centre LTD, Swinton
- 10/10/2015....Service at 40,184 miles by Horners Auto Repair Centre LTD, Swinton
- 25/05/2016....Service including gearbox oil change at 40,844 miles by Lockwood and Greenwood LTD, Ashton Under-Lyne
- 14/10/2019....Service at 43,265 miles by Horners Auto Repair Centre LTD, Swinton
These little coupes are becoming a very rare sight these days and interest within the Rover brand is certainly gaining momentum quite rapidly. This cherished and loved example will not disappoint. It is just lovely throughout.