Golf GTI 1.8 20v Turbo
Nationwide delivery is available and following current covid guidelines...
A lovely, original 2001 Volkswagen Golf GTI 1.8 20v Turbo 3 door. With just 2 previous owners this excellent example has covered just 67,927 miles and has a full and very comprehensive service history. With a full mot on the 6th January and brand new brake discs and pads fitted all round just last week, this Golf GTI is ready to be used and enjoyed.
Supplied new on 08/012001 by HWN Volkswagen, Surrey it remained with its first owner for some 15 years and was always maintained by the supplying main dealer. The comprehensive service history is as follows:
- 08/01/2001... Pre-Delivery Inspection by HWN Volkswagen Surrey
- 13/11/2002... Service at 4,862 miles by HWN Volkswagen Surrey
- 03/02/2004... Service at 7,968 miles by HWM Volkswagen Surrey
- 28/01/2005... Service at 10,993 miles by Colborne Volkswagen Surrey
- 09/02/2006... Service at 12,993 miles by Colborne Volkswagen Surrey
- 02/02/2007... Service at 15,452 miles by Colborne Volkswagen Surrey
- 15/05/2008... Service at 17,569 miles by Colborne Volkswagen Surrey
- 16/10/2009... Service at 19,659 miles by Colborne Volkswagen Surrey
- 25/10/2010... Service at 25,689 miles by Colborne Volkswagen Surrey
- 17/10/2011... Service at 31,679 miles including cam belt by Colborne Volkswagen Surrey
- 15/10/2012... Service at 39,573 miles by Colborne Volkswagen Surrey
- 21/10/2013... Service at 42,380 miles by Colborne Volkswagen Surrey
- 24/10/2014... Service at 46,382 miles by Lookers Volkswagen Surrey
- 09/10/2015... Service at 51,749 miles by Lookers Volkswagen Surrey
- 13/10/2016... Service at 55,078 miles by Wheelbase VW Specialist Surrey
- 26/10/2017... Service at 58,188 miles including cam belt by Wheelbase VW Specialist Surrey
- 24/11/2018... Service at 61,546 miles by Wheelbase VW Specialist Surrey
- 20/08/2019... Service and re-map at 66,639 miles by BHP UK
All the above are stamped in the service book and in addition to this, every service invoice from VW is present, along with all historic mot certificates and all old tax discs.
The factory applied and cost optional Black metallic paint is in excellent condition throughout and only a few small and touched in stoe chips can be found upon close inspection. All the factory fitted body panels are lovely and straight and free from dents. Head lights are nice and clear and all indicator lenses are crack free. The tinted glass is in excellent condition, along with all rubbers and weather strips. This is just a lovely, original and straight example and they're getting pretty difficult to find in original and unmolested condition.
The black/grey sports seats are excellent. All bolsters are still nice and tight and the cloth is free from damage or splits. The head lining, carpets, door cards and dash board are free from any bad scuffs and the original Radio Cassette and In Dash CD Multichanger are still fitted and working perfectly. The drivers door handle has very minimal peel on the lacquer, however the interior is remarkably good throughout.
The correct factory fitted 16" split spoke alloys wheels are in excellent condition and are all shod with matching Michellin tyres with vast amounts of tread remaining.
Out on the road, it drives faultlessly and the 1.8 20v Turbo really is superb. The gearbox is lovely and smooth and precise. Approaching nearly 20 years old and this superb car could very easily still be used on a daily basis and provide entertaining driving and great reliability. These 1.8 20v Turbos are getting thin on the ground in this condition. Complete with full hand book pack and fully stamped service book, all historic mot certificates, all old tax discs, 2 original keys and key number, old service invoices etc...